Thursday, April 2, 2020

Into the Wind (April 2, 2020)

Been a long time since the last time I have done this. It was November 10, 2019 when I took the last ride on my 2016 Triumph Speedmaster motorcycle. Finally though it looks like winter and the sub freezing temperatures are (or mostly are) over. It rose into the mid-60s this afternoon when I got the bike out. Took a short while to put the battery in and check the motorcycle out. Added a little air to the tires and a little chain lube to the chain.
Nice to head out and got to see some sights. Rode some 39 miles in a bit over an hour. Visited a park I had never seen below (which is below). Below that a visit to George Rogers Clark Park. After a short stop in New Carlisle visited the airport in New Carlisle before heading home. These are dark days with the Coronavirus, but still enjoyed this and it put a huge smile on my face and a song in my heart. Prayers for the world and all the people who are dealing with this dread disease. For an hour though, I sure felt wonderful and the fear was blown away.     




No comments:

Post a Comment

Barber Motorsports Museum, Birmingham, Alabama (April 26, 2024)

If you are into motorcycles and some amazing cars, this is your museum. Literally the largest motorcycle museum in the world with over 1100 ...