Saturday, December 31, 2011

Last Rides of 2011 (December 30-31, 2011)

 Took this photo on Saturday December 31, for the last ride of the year. It was a beautiful day in North Carolina, temperature in the mid-60s and under Carolina blue skies. It was a remarkable ride, went out to see some friends from work (two who did not come to Virginia) and to also get in a few miles. Over the holiday I ended up getting in 240 miles of riding, which considering it is late December is not bad at all. Few things I like to do as much as to ride the motorcycle-it really puts me in a unique place and is a very relaxing, if somewhat dangerous thing to do. Still, its something I have been doing a long long time and with proper care and a watchful eye, it is a safe and fun sport.
I am looking forward to some more rides in 2012, think it is going to be a very good year. Looking forward also to more four wheeled adventures in Richmond, Va...enjoyed checking out the sights there, and find it a fun and interesting city and certainly will see a lot in 2012 there as well.  

Made a short stop at the Concord Regional Airport where I saw this helicopter flying around. It is the hospital helicopter, I have seen that close up, and posted a photo of it on the ground a few posts previous to this one.
I enjoy aviation and have over the last year quite a few photos of planes, helicopters and other flying objects.
I enjoyed visiting a number of museums in 2011, did not make any air shows though for the first time in many years. I plan not to say that last in 2012, also hope to get to Washington to see the Air and Space Museums located there.  
 This tree was in the lobby of the Concord Regional Airport on December 31. Christmas 2011 was really special, enjoyed the time home, and I also enjoyed the sights and sounds of the season. Richmond sure does Christmas as few other cities do, and it was a joy once again enjoying the Tacky Light Tour, and the other events in the Richmond area. I also enjoyed the sights and sounds in North Carolina, in both places I got to see some really wonderful, and in many cases new sights during Christmas. I also this year spent some time in the Louisville, Kentucky area visiting family and friends. This will be long remembered.
On December 30, I visited the motorcycle museum inside Iron Horse Motorcycles in Monroe, NC on another warm but very windy day. They have a very unique and historic collection of motorcycles-and you can see some of them on my Racing with the Wind Blog.
I love the history of things and places, and certainly have enjoyed that this year. My own history has been a lot of fun, and it has been a most wonderful year. I have enjoyed sharing some of the sights of Richmond and Charlotte and I am looking forward to bringing you more of them in 2012. Happy New Year and best wishes to everyone who reads this blog, thanks for dropping by, and will see you in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Barber Motorsports Museum, Birmingham, Alabama (April 26, 2024)

If you are into motorcycles and some amazing cars, this is your museum. Literally the largest motorcycle museum in the world with over 1100 ...