Saturday, December 17, 2011

Tacky (and Not so Tacky Lights) Part 3

Another weekend in Richmond, another visit to see the Tacky Lights Tour. This is the third night out, and again some remarkable Tacky (and not so Tacky) lights to check out and gaze at in wonder. This house at left was at 9716 Wendhurst and was a blaze of color and light. It is remarkable the work and effort that goes into these houses. There was a steady stream of cars and people to check it out, and I was among them, though parked the car and walked up to it. Sure enjoy the many sights to be seen, and grateful for Richmond.com which has the guide on line where you can check the houses out before heading out.
 As I have mentioned in a previous post, there are some amazing looking trees in Richmond this time of year, and they are unlike any I have seen in my other cities that I have lived in-or live in part of the time. This tree was just off Cary Street. Cary Street has some very fine old houses, and while they are hardly Tacky, they do have some fantastic decorations to check out as you drive along the street. In fact tonight made my second visit to the area, I just like to see all the places decorated for the Christmas season and I like that old style of decorating. Some lights but also wreaths and candles which makes for some very elegant sights.
This was on Monument Avenue, and I thought it was very cool. I had just read about it and thought it would be hard to find, but it was very easy. Nice Caddy with a carload of toys off to a Christmas adventure. Monument Avenue made the Tacky Light Tour list, and this was my first year to drive down and see the sights along it. I was glad that I did because it was very neat...not the blaze of lights at so many places, but again as with Cary Street some very elegant houses with a touch of the eclectic as well. Plus, it was neat to see the big monuments all lit up at night too-not seasonable but certainly very cool.
This was in the front yard of a Monument Avenue house, and while there is no snow (yet) made for a good wintertime display. I liked this a great deal. I would drive a little bit, get out and walk, and then drive down a little bit more to see some of the houses.
They say that Monument Avenue is one of the most beautiful streets in America, and I have to say that I agree with that statement. Lots of unique houses, and many have a long history. In fact that area has a lot of things to offer with many nearby museums and other places of interest.

Finally, another Monument Avenue house which shows what I am talking about as far as a bit more elegant decoration. I really enjoyed all the sights today and in the past few weeks to be seen around the city, and hope you have enjoyed seeing some of them with me here.
I will be bringing a few more from places near and far as the Christmas season rolls along. So far it has been very good weather wise and otherwise too, and I hope it is the same for you and yours as the day gets closer. Thanks for visiting my page and hope you can come back again soon! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Late Winter Update (February 18, 2024)

February has been an interesting month here in Central Ohio. Seen some visiting birds, and some fantastic regular residents here at the lake...