Monday, August 9, 2010

Weekend Ride in NC (August 8, 2010)

Weekend was the chance to make a quick trip to Carolina....and I took it. Left on a Saturday morning, came back Sunday night due to early overtime on Monday that I have to be in for. Grateful for the overtime though; certainly in my Sunday morning motorcycle ride, noted that while quite a few new things have gone up, a lot of businesses that I used to see are closed and gone in this economy. Hoping and praying for better times for America; too many people are suffering for sure. Great time with my wonderful wife, son and the border collies (aka Cassie and Mollie). It is always good to sleep in ones own bed. I did get in a good motorcycle ride on Sunday.

Photos here and below were taken in Monroe, NC. Top photo is of the Old Courthouse: monument is to the Confederate Soldiers. Like Virginia, North Carolina was part of the Confederacy during the Civil War. Monroe is a great old town, with a lot of interesting sights. I got in a good ride around the area, also went riding up Independence Blvd to Charlotte, and even some motorcycle time on I-85. For that last with the traffic felt like I was in the movie "The Road Warrior". Both the ride, and the two days spent at home really recharged me for the days ahead here. Got a busy work week coming up, and good to relax for a few hours at least. Even the weather seemed to want me to chill..gone this weekend was the oppressive heat and humidity that has been the hallmark to this point of this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Barber Motorsports Museum, Birmingham, Alabama (April 26, 2024)

If you are into motorcycles and some amazing cars, this is your museum. Literally the largest motorcycle museum in the world with over 1100 ...