Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Hot..and a Cold (August 13-15)

Pretty nice weekend in the Carolinas, considering that I had a nasty bug the last few days in Richmond. Felt like death warmed over, but with three days to spend with the family, figured to go on home. Plus, I figured there was no better place to get well. That I was right about; felt better by the time I left there....a bit of rest and relaxation did wonders. Got out on the motorcycle a couple of times, shorter than my usual rides, but did go by the Cabarrus Arena. This was mentioned in my last post, and will be the site of the Cabarrus County Fair (plus a few other events of note) this year. It is a pretty nice facility, and is a nice place for larger events in the area.
During one ride, I got a photo of "Five Points". I have been to the Civil War battlefield just outside of Richmond which is located at another "Five Points, but have always liked this road in Carolina. Gives so many interesting choices and directions at this junction. Fun to go riding down the backroads on the motorcycle, its a very peaceful thing to do. Photo of the fountain is at Memorial Gardens in Concord, NC. It is a nice place, especially in the Spring but on an early Sunday morning it is a quite nice and quiet place to visit.
Had a great time with my family during my three days home, now for a while will return my focus to the Richmond area and sights of interest here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Brit Floyd (May 17, 2024)

Went with friends last night to the Brit Floyd concert at The Rose in Huber Heights. Was a wonderful concert, the band was fantastic. Sure, ...