Friday, June 19, 2020

Riding The National Road. (June 19, 2020)


Summer officially starts tomorrow, but got in one last Spring ride this morning. Took this photo at my first stop on The National Road, AKA "40". One the nation's oldest highways and an interesting ride. Rode out just outside of New Carlisle and made this stop at the Dayton International Airport. Really sad there, as during both legs of the trip saw zero planes take to the sky. In fact found today that the Dayton Air Show was also cancelled when I got back home. 
Rode out quite a way some 40 miles down the highway. Stopped for fuel and a drink (coffee) at a Marathon gas station before heading back the way I came. Stopped at Taylorsville Dam where I got the photo of the motorcycle and the sign, and one of the old dam. 
From there rode back to my house in a ride that took with stops some two and a half hours and a total of 79 miles. It was a good day to get out though later in the day it did get a lot warmer and the humidity is way up. 
It has been a beautiful Spring to get some rides in and I have certainly gotten some really good ones in. Can't wait to see what Summer brings me. More photos on my Racing with the Wind blog page.   








No comments:

Post a Comment

Barber Motorsports Museum, Birmingham, Alabama (April 26, 2024)

If you are into motorcycles and some amazing cars, this is your museum. Literally the largest motorcycle museum in the world with over 1100 ...