Friday, May 1, 2020

Visiting with the Wright Brothers (May 1, 2020)

Interesting ride on the motorcycle on this first day of May. I had a surprise in that I really was not headed to Dayton, but ended up there. Even more interesting, found my way once again to Woodlawn Cemetery.
The photo at left is the Civil War section there. Directly below is the Wright Family graves which is includes Wilbur and Orville Wright as well as their sister and their dad.
From the cemetery at its highest point is the third photo which I took. That is said to be the best view of the city to be found anyplace. I zoomed in for that photo, but have a longer view on my "Racing with the Wind" blog page.
It was a good day to get out, with the sun finally coming up and the temperature coming up from the cold of the past few days. Like the rides around here and certainly found this one to be interesting today. Went a few more places on the way, but this is the main destination for this blog post. I hope you have enjoyed these photos and thank you for visiting my page.   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Barber Motorsports Museum, Birmingham, Alabama (April 26, 2024)

If you are into motorcycles and some amazing cars, this is your museum. Literally the largest motorcycle museum in the world with over 1100 ...