Monday, August 5, 2019

A look at Dayton Tornado Damage (August 3, 2019)

 Picked a nail up in my rear motorcycle tire and took it to Joe's Cycle Shop in Dayton on the 2nd. While I had seen some of the damage on tv and from the highway of the Memorial Day storms , this was my first up close look at just a fraction of the damage. The tornadoes damaged some 1000 buildings (businesses and houses). This is just some of the damage on North Dixie Drive where the shop is located.
I took these photos wandering around the area of the motorcycle shop which amazingly (as were a very few other buildings was "largely" untouched. The bike shop I was told did get some roof damage.   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Brit Floyd (May 17, 2024)

Went with friends last night to the Brit Floyd concert at The Rose in Huber Heights. Was a wonderful concert, the band was fantastic. Sure, ...