Sunday, June 4, 2017

Richmond Greek Festival and Broad Appetit (June 4-5, 2017)

 Always one of my favorite weekends in Richmond, because nothing like a good food festival. The only thing that beats that...is two. First off was The Richmond Greek Festival. Just amazing food and beverages (those beverages come from Greece). I went early and there were still amazing crowds. The event runs for four days and draws huge numbers of people. There is good reason for that, as it is some of the best food I have at any event.    
In addition to the food there is dancing (seen here at left),  music and a marketplace. They also have tours of the very beautiful Greek Orthodox Church which is the host of the event. Wonderful people there put on one of the most anticipated events in the city. I look very forward to its return in 2018!
On Sunday only in this case, is the "Broad Appetit" festival which celebrated its 10th year this year. Once again, it is a event that I do not miss and offers a great deal of food.
In this case of this event some 50 restaurants have samples of their food, served on small plates for small prices ranging from $3-5. It is a remarkable variety and chance to explore the wide range of choices to be found in what is the Richmond food scene.
In addition to the food there are bands playing on two stages. I think there were some 13 this year if I read right. I got to see a few while I was there. I tend to go early as the crowds get pretty massive later in the day.
Like with the Greek Festival I look forward to once again visiting this event in 2018.
While you do have to pay for food and drink there is no admission charge to either event.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Barber Motorsports Museum, Birmingham, Alabama (April 26, 2024)

If you are into motorcycles and some amazing cars, this is your museum. Literally the largest motorcycle museum in the world with over 1100 ...