Saturday, June 24, 2017

Flying Squirrels Game (June 24, 2017)

Last night went to The Diamond to see the Richmond Flying Squirrels play the Akron Rubberducks. Both are AA baseball teams. This was my first game of the year. I don't get to go as often as I would like but sure enjoy the games. The Diamond is an old facility and the team has been pushing for a new ballpark, but it seems to be taking a while. That said, it works and they draw a large crowd for each game that I have been go over the years  
Akron player at bat here. It was a neat night in that my employer had a suite there, and we also had a lot of food as well as air conditioning. I did go outside a few times but that air was nice. Last couple of weeks we got a dose of early summer which is continuing into actual official summer. In fact mentioned this on the two motorcycle rides I have taken around this game on my "Racing with the Wind" blog. This night was no exception with temps and heat index in the 90's.
As for the game was a great deal of fun to watch. Richmond lost though made a run at it. I like this game and hoping to go back this year.
Coming up on vacation soon and that will be fun if I can get some more of this in I will do so. The Squirrels are also known for some of the better firework displays in town. That is a good thing a Richmond is not having its big display this year on the river again for the second year in a row. Are some around though planned and hope to see a few sky displays this 4th of July.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Barber Motorsports Museum, Birmingham, Alabama (April 26, 2024)

If you are into motorcycles and some amazing cars, this is your museum. Literally the largest motorcycle museum in the world with over 1100 ...