Saturday, December 15, 2012

Tacky Lights III (December 15, 2012)

 Got out for a few hours, went back to a few of my favorite places, due to the forecast tomorrow (rain expected) this could be my last night to see the wonders that Richmond offers this time of year. I did get a couple of photos though on Monument Avenue, at left I was very glad to see "Santa's Cadillac" which is one of the very unique things that you can find here this time of year. I love this stuff, and was glad to see it again this year. I went by there a couple of weeks ago, but it was not out at that time. Thankfully, saw it on Richmond.com and headed out to check it out again.
Monument Avenue though is hardly "Tacky" as many, if not most of the houses look like this one. You really get to see some remarkable sights there, they really do a good job this time of year putting out lights (including a number of those "Richmond" trees that I am so fond of, and you can see some of those in the previous posts this month).
There is something really special about Christmas in Richmond, it is always a magical thing in my book. This one has been very good. All that said, sure would not mind seeing some more of it tomorrow, so will keep my fingers crossed.  Course, still a few days before Christmas, and will be bringing some sights from this area if possible, plus more from the Charlotte area, and hopefully even a surprise for the season.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Barber Motorsports Museum, Birmingham, Alabama (April 26, 2024)

If you are into motorcycles and some amazing cars, this is your museum. Literally the largest motorcycle museum in the world with over 1100 ...