Thursday, December 20, 2012

280 Miles Apart (December 19-20, 2012)

The Christmas holidays are nearly upon us, and for me the vacation period is underway. On the 19th, my last day in Richmond this year, went to see a motorcycle at Velocity Motorcycle. While in that area, also made a stop at The Diamond which is the home of the Richmond Flying Squirrels. Nice ballpark if a bit dated - the team and the city is working on a replacement site. Nonetheless, got to see the field while I was there; a sight to give hope as when I took this just two days away from the official start of Winter. Baseball is still a few weeks away as I write this.   
Not so far away is the start of the long NASCAR season. That cranks up in February, but today during a motorcycle ride in the Concord, NC area made a stop at Stewart-Haas Racing. Car on the left is Tony Stewart's, and the one on the right is Danica Patrick's...though as I could tell from the shop directly behind these cars there are quite a number of those cars for all these drivers, as they will, over the course of the season, crash quite a few of them. I put a few more photos from the ride today (and the motorcycles I saw in Richmond on my "Racing with the Wind" blog. Looking forward to some interesting days ahead - quite a bit coming up in the next few days and weeks to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brit Floyd (May 17, 2024)

Went with friends last night to the Brit Floyd concert at The Rose in Huber Heights. Was a wonderful concert, the band was fantastic. Sure, ...