Sunday, October 2, 2011

Richmond, A Fine Fall Day Part 2 (October 1, 2011)

I had a GREAT time in one of my favorite areas of Richmond (Church Hill) at Libby Hill Park, where I went to Hogtober held there on October 1. It was a nice (and free admission) event with bands, good food and as they called them "golden beverages". Nice selection of those golden beverages too. Barbeque was there from Halligan Bar and Grill, Alamo Barbeque, Buz and Ned's and Extra Billy's. It was a good chance to check out some different places to eat in Richmond. I had the Extra Billy's and it was really good and my first time to have it. I got there early before the crowd really rolled in, though not long after this it was packed, and the music cranked up.
I had a lot planned for the day (see Part 1 of this post for the rest of the day) but I did check out the entire set by "Rosie Soul and the Rock and Roll Cowboys". I had seen them (and learned of the event, which was put on by Style Magazine by the way) on tv the day before and thought they were pretty good. They were pretty good, and greatly enjoyed the music. Richmond has some really good and creative bands, and have been lucky to see a number of them. They had a full day of music there, unfortunately I did not have a full day to check them all out, but I had a great time with this band. It was a really fun event!
Libby Hill Park has some remarkable views. This one is especially notable. Founder of Richmond named the city for this view which reminded him of an area named Richmond in the London, England area. The James River is a major part of the city of Richmond, and the center of much of the city activities. There are some great and interesting things to see and do along the James River and over the past few years I have seen and done many of them...but there is still much to do and much to see in this very interesting town. I do have a good time here, and enjoy what Richmond has to offer, it is a fun town with fine people.
This view is also from Libby Hill Park, looking toward nearby Shockoe Bottom, and downtown Richmond, VA. Many of the old tobacco factories (which the Lucky Strike building was one of) have been converted to apartments and condos. Richmond does not bulldoze the past, they tend to re-cycle it as seen here. Of course, there is a lot of new in Richmond. I have a few more photos from the day out on my Photo Page and there is a link to it on this page if you would like to see a few more. Thanks for visiting, and I hope you enjoyed the photos here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brit Floyd (May 17, 2024)

Went with friends last night to the Brit Floyd concert at The Rose in Huber Heights. Was a wonderful concert, the band was fantastic. Sure, ...