Saturday, May 21, 2011

SouthPark Mall, and Bike Shops Nearby (May 21, 2011)

As I feared, photos kind of got mixed up, but got in a good day in the Colonial Heights area. Seen at left is Commonwealth Power Sports, which is in Colonial Heights. It is a Honda, Suzuki and Kawasaki dealer. It is also a rather large one, and has a good selection of motorcycles, as well as some ATV's, and some watercraft (jet ski type boats). They also have a parts and service department and a good line of accessories for those vehicles. Good friendly staff from what I have seen, liked that they let you wander around without hassles which is nice. I had a good time there in what is my second visit to the dealership, I was there last year.
I also made my second visit to Colonial Harley-Davidson, which is nearby (within sight of Commonwealth Power Sports). A very nice Harley-Davidson dealer, they have a very nice selection (the best I have seen in the area to date) of Harley-Davidsons. They can be quite pricy in comparison to the Japanese models, with one (a CVO HD with a 110 Cubic Inch "Screaming Eagle" Engine package) coming in a bit over $32,000 dollars. It was a beautiful motorcycle, but a bit pricy for me. However, Harley owners are a special breed, and they have a "money is no object" attitude when it comes to their Harley-Davidson motorcycles!
Here is another view of Colonial Harley-Davidson. Harley had all its dealerships upgrade a few years ago to more modern designs. Some in Richmond are older type dealerships (such as Richmond Harley-Davidson on Hull Street) though I noticed today that they seem to be building a new HD dealership there (but will be some time before it opens). The current dealership there is in a strip mall store. There are some impressive HD dealers in the US, some with some very unique designs. A few years ago they were mostly clothing stores it seemed, with a handful of bikes, that has changed in the last few years as production has increased. Now most have a good selection of bikes.
Seen here is a photo I took inside SouthPark Mall which is just off of I-95 in Colonial Heights. I have gone past it many times between North Carolina and Richmond, and finally made a stop in there today. Very nice mall, with a good military crowd that comes in there as the mall is very close to Ft. Lee. Nice mall with a nice selection of stores, very well lit with lights and also a lot of light from the sun. It has a lot of stores all around it too, kind of reminded me of the Concord Mills complex with all the little strip malls around it, in Concord, NC. I am not a big shopper but enjoyed exploring the mall for a bit, and that today was my first stop in today's exploration.
Last photo here is something I have been looking for. One of the all new bikes this year is the Honda CBR250R. Takes some nice styling cues from its bigger brother (the Honda VFR1200) and gives the Kawasaki Ninja 250 some competition. It also matches that bike in price. Many motorcycles do not get all that great gas mileage, this bike however does, and would be a fun motorcycle to commute to work with, or for fun rides down some beautiful roads in Carolina or Virginia. For a good economical motorcycle, this bike could be a very good choice. Honda makes some reliable motorcycles, I have had a couple over the years and have loved them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Barber Motorsports Museum, Birmingham, Alabama (April 26, 2024)

If you are into motorcycles and some amazing cars, this is your museum. Literally the largest motorcycle museum in the world with over 1100 ...