Sunday, December 5, 2010

Tacky Light Tour (Day 2) December 5, 2010

Last night (see previous post) was pretty fun and remarkable. Tonight though, had fewer places to go see, but ended up with three high quality sights. The first seen at left was amazing, and hardly "tacky" in any sense of the word. This is the tree inside The Jefferson Hotel in Richmond, VA. It is a remarkable place to check out, and elegant in every sense of the word. This was a beautiful tree in a very beautiful place. I am sure this is an expensive hotel to stay in, but from what I have seen it would be a real experience. Sometime I am going to have to check out the history of this place, which looks very old, but it is well taken care of.
From there, went to The James Center which is near Shockoe Slip and Shockoe Bottom near the James River. From here you get a good look at downtown Richmond and how they have lit the buildings there. There was a lot to see there, and even some people playing music, as well as a lot of decorations all over the place. Even though a Sunday night when I went to see the area, there were a lot of people around doing the same thing I was (including taking photos). Speaking of which, I have some more from my visit today (and the previous one) on my Photo Page. Enjoyed my visit here, and again as noted with The Jefferson Hotel...not tacky at all!
Finally, took this photo on Grove Avenue which is also in downtown Richmond. This IS part of the "Tacky Light Tour" (which by the way can be found at Richmond.com by putting in "Tacky Light Tour") but I thought it was remarkable to check out as well. A group of houses that have worked together to put together this light display which made me and many others smile on a cold Sunday night in Richmond.
The last two days have been a remarkable experience, and a great deal of fun. Richmond has much to offer both over the holidays and during the year as well. I am lucky to have two great places to enjoy during the year in two great states. I will be bringing a bit of "Carolina Christmas" in my next post on this site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Barber Motorsports Museum, Birmingham, Alabama (April 26, 2024)

If you are into motorcycles and some amazing cars, this is your museum. Literally the largest motorcycle museum in the world with over 1100 ...