Sunday, July 18, 2010

Short Pump

Interesting day to say the least. Got out for a while today, and did a fine bit of exploring on a hot and humid Richmond, Virginia day. Actually this was the last stop on my journey today, the Short Pump Town Center in Richmond, Va out on West Broad Street. I sort of came across this massive (and I do mean MASSIVE) mall during my explorations. It was quite the shopping center two levels, and I don't know how many stores. I am not a big mall freak, but I do know that I have going to have to have a walk with Patty around here when she gets back to Richmond. Plus, the mall has a Harley-Davidson store, so think there is something for everyone here.
What I went to West Broad Street to see was Quaker Steak and Lube. It opened here "not long ago", I actually found out about it while at Bike Night at the Quaker Steak and Lube in Concord, NC (have a few photos from that in a previous post). Bike Night there (on Wednesday nights) is a massive thing with something like 900 bikes being typical. They also have Bike Night here on the same day. Not sure when I will be going (bike in is NC, plus I work nights) but if Concord is any indication, Richmond might want to check out Wednesday nights here. I am told it is growing quickly and drawing quite the crowd. Know I have spent some fun nights in Concord there.

Not sure what it is that draws motorcycles to Quaker Steak and Lube. Course they do have a motorcycle themed bar, a nice range of hot wings, and good "beverage" specials on Bike Night. There tends to be a lot to see and do. This one in Richmond is on a smaller piece of land, so would be interesting to see what they can do with it. In Concord they have a lot of parking plus a number of bike themed booths along with a band at the events there. One thing I do know, like taking photos of my Nissan Versa with a group of Suzuki's in front.
Today was my first time in South Pump, told there was not much there of note. I tend to think after a short visit there, that I was told wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Barber Motorsports Museum, Birmingham, Alabama (April 26, 2024)

If you are into motorcycles and some amazing cars, this is your museum. Literally the largest motorcycle museum in the world with over 1100 ...