Sunday, January 10, 2010

Avatar and a (last?) look at the snow

Today, got up early to see Avatar. I like sci-fi movies a great deal, but was a little wary of this film as it is three hours long. Last movie I saw that long (Titanic) by the same director was a bit draggy in spots (though a good movie overall) and three hours is a long movie in my book. However, got to say it does fairly clip along, seemed much shorter than its running time. I enjoyed it a great deal, thought the special effects (by all means, pay the extra to see it in 3-D; this movie shows what 3-D in a film can really do) were awesome. I not only would go see it again, but I will go see it again in a few weeks (and judging by the crowds there, I think its going to have a long run.
Speaking of long runs, though these were not the most impressive at the mall by far, here you can see the snow piles that were all over the area. Amazing in number and some remarkable in size, it is staggering when we consider that the snow fell on December 18+19. This speaks both to the amount of the snow, and the cold it has been since those two days of so called "white wonder". Many here love snow, but I am sure looking forward to spring, summer and fall. Course, winter days spent as I did today are almost enough to make me appreciate the cold weather. All this should be gone by the end of the week, when we will again see some 50s according to the forecasters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brit Floyd (May 17, 2024)

Went with friends last night to the Brit Floyd concert at The Rose in Huber Heights. Was a wonderful concert, the band was fantastic. Sure, ...