Thursday, August 13, 2015

Redskins Training Camp (August 2, 2015)

 Not a fan of the Washington Redskins ...my two favorites are the Chicago Bears (grew up with them) and from my time in Carolina the Carolina Panthers. Still though, a chance to see football again which is my favorite sport and to check out training camp is a great thing indeed.
These are the Washington Redskins which practiced in what is known as a "Walkthrough" which was kind of neat. Not a lot of action, though later this week in a practice with the Houston Texans there was a fight that broke out. This was a nice day for football though and the practice was really good.
This is RG III, the quarterback for the Washington Redskins. As I said it was a pretty laid back practice, but did enjoy it. Parking has gone up to $10 so I parked the motorcycle (and enjoyed the ride) on a side street just a short distance away.
I also got a good brunch at a booth by Croakers Spot which to me is some of the finest fish in the RVA. The crowd for this was really light and had no problem getting good food or getting close to the team.
It was a really good time, and being early in the morning (well, around 10 or so) it was not yet hot and humid.
Last year when I went to this, it was wet day with drizzle so this was much better. I do plan to follow the team, as well as the NFL. I am also looking forward to college football which will also be starting up very soon. Will be glad to see Fall which is one of the best seasons of the year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Barber Motorsports Museum, Birmingham, Alabama (April 26, 2024)

If you are into motorcycles and some amazing cars, this is your museum. Literally the largest motorcycle museum in the world with over 1100 ...