Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Walking the RVA, April 21, 2014

 It is a long walk, but went to get the motorcycle on April 21, it was done at Velocity Motorcycles...and I am very happy with the price and the service on the motorcycle. To get there I walked from my apartment to the shop. I like the neighborhoods in the area, and in fact this is almost like Part 2 of an earlier post. Lots of neat houses turned into apartments (big area for college students) and like seeing all this on foot. I still think the best way to see an area is on foot, though a motorcycle is also a good way to do it, and I love to do that too. Was a beautiful day for a walk though.
 Have some motorcycle photos on my Racing with the Wing blog, but this is at Quaker Steak and Lube in Short Pump. I did get here via motorcycle, and a very neat restaurant and a fun place to visit as well. Lots of cool race type cars, and also motorcycles (they have a great bike night, and I plan to be there on Wednesday as now being on day work  I can go.)
Was not only a nice day for a walk, it was also a great day for a ride. Looking forward to some great places, for this is really a fun place to ride (or to walk) and to see what this very fine state has to offer.
Last stop before home was the Virginia War Museum, has a fine collection of military items and history, but love the memorial itself seen here at left. They added an american flag (made of common items) which was created in a Japanese prison camp in World War II just a few days ago, and I got to see that while I was there, It was added to the collection just a few days ago. If you have not been here during a visit to Richmond, add this place to your list.
Still smiling from this walk and ride on what was a very, very fine day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brit Floyd (May 17, 2024)

Went with friends last night to the Brit Floyd concert at The Rose in Huber Heights. Was a wonderful concert, the band was fantastic. Sure, ...