Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Snow (January 22, 2014)

 So...after a very mild winter, which is the exception in this region, Richmond got some real snow on January 21....as seen here on Forest Hill Avenue. It will be here awhile, we are going to be in an extended cold spell (at least to the weekend). Strange when I think about it, snowed on Tuesday the 21st, on the 20th it was 61 and I went on a motorcycle ride (photos of that are on my Racing with the Wind page) around town. Still, this is quite beautiful and I like seeing the snow. Unlike a few people, its fun to get a little variety in life. Virginia has that.  
 This is the Stone House in Forest Hill Park, very pretty with the snow. As I had noted we had no snow this winter (which includes last year, the winter part at least.
Enjoyed taking my dog out on the first walk, and then I took another walk without her, and going to have one more before the day is over and I have to get to work. Speaking of work the roads are in good shape it seems, lots of trucks have been rolling around dumping various things (and a car wash is in my future after all this; salt can do amazing things to metal) on the roads. They are in good shape, in fact the top photo is no longer the case. 
One thing cool about the snow is all the people it brought out to the hill in Forest Hill Park, had quite a crowd there, and this photo is part of that. Was fun to see all the people having fun...almost wish I had a sled (though back in the day...I used to).
Cold to be sure, but not too bad if you dress for it. Being a "wintertime motorcyclist" have some good warm stuff, and that has come in handy this winter day. Looking forward to seeing even more of it over the next few days.
I did post a few more photos on my Flickr photo page, and sure to add a few more over the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Barber Motorsports Museum, Birmingham, Alabama (April 26, 2024)

If you are into motorcycles and some amazing cars, this is your museum. Literally the largest motorcycle museum in the world with over 1100 ...