Monday, December 30, 2013

On the Way to the Ville (December 26, 2013)

 Headed to Louisville, Kentucky on December 26, it was a beautiful day to travel. My dog came with me, though she had little choice, but is a good traveling companion-not much for talking, but a good listener. Took this photo at Exit 99...road there to the left says "Blue Ridge Parkway" and to the right Skyline Drive. Got a feeling my motorcycle and me will be revisiting this exit in the months to come. At any case, had a great time stopping there for a short while and seeing the view. There is a hotel there, but read some really bad reviews on it...thats a shame with this view. No big deal though, I had miles to go.
 This is the refinery in Ashland, Ky..this is just a small part of it, which is located pretty much right across the Kentucky State Line from West Virginia. Like going though that state (though do have two toll booths) but sure is a fun state to travel through.
Kentucky is also a lot of fun, nice views and  good roads for the most part. Trip went really well, it might be a long trip but its very scenic. I had good weather on the way up, on the way back a few days later, it was raining most of the way...for some reason that seems to be the pattern. Maybe Louisville is sorry that I am leaving( though could be that it rains a lot there).  
 While not so Tacky Light (that is what they call it in Richmond) there are some amazing houses in many places...this one is in Clarksville, Indiana and is certainly a local favorite.
I like seeing the sights in the city of Louisville too, though with this trip did not have much time to explore there. Entire trip was three days, went to see my family and to visit some of the sights there, but not so many this year. Did get to see some of the area from a unique perspective though and that was fun.
 This is a local flower shop, liked the look of it. Came back on my last day because across from it is a very fine doughnut shop called "Williams Bakery" and enjoy eating there (and did). I also made it to the White Castle which is also pretty much a requirement for a visit. It was a very good time food wise and family wise.
Fun to see some of the sights there, and especially during the Christmas season. 
This was in downtown Jeffersonville, nice light display. Downtown Jeffersonville also has a ice rink (as does Richmond, VA) and it gets a lot of people on it, though not the night I was there.
Think the next section of this page will show you a look at Southern Indiana from an angle that most of us never get to see. Thanks to my cousin, got to do something again that I love, but dont often get to do anymore (though did in the USN when I was in a Patrol Squadron). Those will be the next section that I put up.
Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Barber Motorsports Museum, Birmingham, Alabama (April 26, 2024)

If you are into motorcycles and some amazing cars, this is your museum. Literally the largest motorcycle museum in the world with over 1100 ...