Sunday, June 9, 2013

Bacon and Taters (June 9, 2013)

Thought I would just post these today, for info on the motorcycle ride that was part of this, see my "Racing with the Wind" page. This was at the 1st Annual Bacon Festival in Shockoe Bottom. I read that the size of the crowd surprised the organizers, surprised me and others too. Lines, at least early on went on and on. I did not get to sample any of the treats on sale, nor any of the beer (damn the luck, though did get to Legend Brewing Company later on for a Golden Ale, so that worked out) but it was one impressive event. People not lined up were shoulder to shoulder..I guess its true, "Everyone loves bacon." 
Later in the evening, went over to Forest Hill Park to see local RVA band "The Taters" and enjoyed them a lot. Went with my dog who is usually not very good at such events (being a hell of a music critic, she tends to bark) but she was very good at this show. They do a good mix of songs, though mostly older type rock and roll. Course, I like older type rock and roll, so I had a good time. There was also a very good crowd there for this show (larger than usual, and usual is usually pretty good) . I enjoy the musical events held in the park (usually on Sunday's) and was also glad that it both cooled down a little bit from the heat of the day, and the storms in the area avoided the park during the show. Was a dry weekend (except Saturday morning here) but really hot and humid. Rains are on the way back in here as I write this on Sunday night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Barber Motorsports Museum, Birmingham, Alabama (April 26, 2024)

If you are into motorcycles and some amazing cars, this is your museum. Literally the largest motorcycle museum in the world with over 1100 ...