Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day in the RVA (May 12, 2013)

 Pretty good day, took a ride on the motorcycle to some areas in Richmond, love to do that though it has been a while thanks to weather and a trip over a weekend to North Carolina of late. This though is Quaker Steak and Lube in Richmond, VA. It was one of my favorite places in Concord, NC and love the one here. Good food and "beverages" and they have a big bike night on Wednesday nights. I have not been to the one here, but have been many times to the one in Concord. I work nights, but usually can make a few thanks to days off down the road. Always some interesting bikes and people there. 
 This is the line of bikes at Buz and Ned's...this is the second and newer location (one downtown I have been going to for years) and this is one of my favorite places to eat. However, got to say, did not eat at this one today, being Mother's Day, it was pretty packed. This was my first time to be at the new location, and just wanted to get a photo of it. In fact, the photo below is the inside of the restaurant. Most of the seating at the Boulevard Location is outside under the "tent" which is pretty cool.
BBQ is popular with the motorcycle crowd and there are usually some bikes of interest there. I liked checking some of those out (that is mine though right in the front)
Short Pump is an interesting section of town, though traffic is usually pretty heavy and good to keep your eyes open no matter what you are riding or driving for that matter. Home to some huge malls and lots of places to eat and buy things, it is certainly a different section of town.   


As I said, this is the inside of Buz and Ned's in Short Pump. I headed back down town where I saw the very rain swelled James River, and came across a number of VCU graduations (and the traffic thereof) but made my way finally to Church Hill where I made a stop at the much less crowded Alamo BBQ for a quick bite. They don't have beer but Legend Brewing Company does and I dropped by there for one.
I got home after a three hour ride on the bike, counting stops and other sights. It was a great time and looking forward to the next one, which should be a lot sooner than this one was.        

No comments:

Post a Comment

Barber Motorsports Museum, Birmingham, Alabama (April 26, 2024)

If you are into motorcycles and some amazing cars, this is your museum. Literally the largest motorcycle museum in the world with over 1100 ...