Sunday, April 3, 2011

Early April in NC

Nice drive on a sunny Saturday April 2 on the way home from Richmond, VA. I did run into a massive backup in Burlington, NC (which seems to be pretty common over the years) which was caused by a truck wreck, seen here as I finally got past it. Did a lot of damage to the guardrail, the truck and the tractor (which was being loaded onto a hauler as I went by. Hopefully the driver was not hurt. Have been pretty lucky on trips home, very few big backups over the three years I have been making this trip back and forth. Even better, I have been able to have no accidents (knock on wood). It is generally a really nice drive between the two cities.
Photo here is from the seat of my motorcycle, got another beautiful day and rode out to a couple of motorcycle shops in the area and also went to see the traveling Vietnam Memorial Wall. Friend of mine from my Navy days has a brother who's name is on the wall in Washington, DC (and also this replica) and I was glad that I went to see it. Hope to see the real thing in Washington, while I am working in nearby Richmond, VA. Have a few things in the Nations' Capital I want to check out. Last stop today during the ride was to Charlotte Motor Speedway where I got a photo of the hand and footprint of one Richard Petty at the tracks "Walk of Fame". Had a great weekend at home, and have a few more photos on my photo page. Thanks for visiting my page!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Barber Motorsports Museum, Birmingham, Alabama (April 26, 2024)

If you are into motorcycles and some amazing cars, this is your museum. Literally the largest motorcycle museum in the world with over 1100 ...