Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Along the Midlothian Turnpike

Went out on February 23 to get a few things done. While out, figured I would visit a few places on an early Wednesday morning. One of my stops was the Chesterfield Towne Center. I like this mall (though did see that they have replaced the Peace Frog store with another, a favorite of my wife when she comes to visit here). Photo at left is the food court. They have some good places to eat, and of course the big Barnes and Noble store is there. I wonder how long bookstores will exist; Borders is closing a number of stores and not sure how the others are doing. I like to visit them though, another I like is Books a Million which is further up the road near 288.
Got a kick out of this, took a walk though the Garden Ridge store at the Chesterfield Towne Center. I think everyone needs a suit of armor, and at left are three. Lots of interesting things to check out in there, and if the one in North Carolina is any indication, this is a great store to visit around Christmas time. It is more seasonable now though with a lot of garden and outdoor items, as spring is just around the corner. Weather has been sort of wacky, warm days followed by cooler ones, even some snow flurries following a few warm (mid-70's) and windy days. Still the signs of spring are in the air, and it won't be long till winter is a memory.
Took this photo during a walk on February 21 following a good weekend; some of those photos are on the previous post. Milepost 5 brown building) was a seafood place in a former older business (closed since I have been here) that opened last fall. Sometime in the last few weeks; Milepost 5 closed. Never got to find out if it was any good. What is good is the $3 Car Wash. Went there today actually, and got the car cleaned. I like it; its cheap, its fast, and the vac is included with no time limit. For the price you can't beat it, plus it does a good job. That was one of the things that I did today. Had a good time out in the area; lots of interesting things here to see and do. As can be noted in the photo, there was quite a breeze on the 21st when I took my walk along the Midlothian Turnpike. Hope everyone has a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Barber Motorsports Museum, Birmingham, Alabama (April 26, 2024)

If you are into motorcycles and some amazing cars, this is your museum. Literally the largest motorcycle museum in the world with over 1100 ...