Monday, October 4, 2010

Patty's Richmond II (October 2-4, 2010)

Very exciting weekend, with a visit by my wonderful wife Patty to Richmond, VA. Usually I just go home, so this was just the second visit here by her since I made the move. We hit her favorite quilt shop, Quilters Corner on Saturday, and also went to Carytown (one of my favorite places in Richmond) where we had lunch and took a short walking tour of the very interesting shops and restaurants. We had lunch at "Nacho Mama's" which was ok; not a bad meal, but sort of on the pricey side in my opinion. It was not bad, but I have had better. Still the waitress did a very fine job, and enjoyed it, especially due to the company I was with! That is Patty in Nacho Mama's at left, which is in a converted house. Carytown is very funky with a lot of interesting things to see and do; enjoyed a walk with her to my favorite stores, and to check out the Byrd Theater near the end of Carytown. In fact this trip, exploring with her saw a number of new things and places that I have not seen. Took her down some new roads in the area and saw many new sights. Considering I have been here almost two years, that is pretty cool!
One new sight was the Bell Tower in Byrd Park. That is a very neat place; have been to Maymont Park, but had not been into Byrd Park. More nice lakes, lots of peaceful areas, and this very cool tower. It was a WWI War Memorial judging from the dates near the top of the staircase at the tower. Thought it was a very beautiful construction. So much of Richmond is filled with such neat things to check out.
We did some relaxing after a few hours of touring (and Patty had been on a long drive from NC to get here) on a very nice weekend. Saturday was cool; starting to feel like fall, and a very beautiful day. Went to dinner at Chicken Fiesta; I HAVE eaten there before, and like that very much. It is both a very good value, and really fine food!
Enjoyed relaxing with Patty and watched some of our favorite shows on tv for the rest of the night. Enjoyed the cool evening and the great company I was blessed to have in my apartment! We enjoyed a fine evening in Richmond, VA and planned the next day.

Next day was a trip to Shockoe Bottom. Got there via some new roads; fun to explore this very interesting town. Rains held off till later Sunday night, but was an overcast day. Enjoyed lunch at Bottom's Up; which is a very good pizza place. We wandered around the area, went up around the 17th Street Farmers Market, and drove around the area a bit, checking out some of the new stuff I have found since her last visit here. Last photo I took was of this art at the James Center, she really liked this, so got a photo of it before we left the area. Cooked dinner in the apartment, and made breakfast this morning before she left. It was a fantastic visit, and I enjoyed it a great deal. I am very lucky to have such a wonderful wife, and she really made this weekend in Richmond special.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Barber Motorsports Museum, Birmingham, Alabama (April 26, 2024)

If you are into motorcycles and some amazing cars, this is your museum. Literally the largest motorcycle museum in the world with over 1100 ...