Saturday, April 17, 2010

One more in Charlotte (April 17, 2010)

Saturday morning took a motorcycle ride with my friend Steve; he fired up the Ultra Classic, and I took my trusty Vulcan and we tackled the mean streets of Charlotte, NC. Took this photo at left on Tryon Street in what is known as Uptown Charlotte for my second visit in as many visits to the Queen City. Always nice to wander around there though, and a lot to see and do in the town. It was a really nice morning for a ride, a little overcast, but warm and mostly sunny. I like riding around Charlotte on Saturday, like with Richmond, traffic is generally a whole lot lighter, and that is a fine thing when traveling by motorcycle.
Steve and I went to lunch at Mac's Speed Shop (again my second visit since my last visit) but he had never been there and it is damn fine BBQ! These tanks (storing something I suppose) are across from Mac's....find them interesting for sure, and thought they were worth a photo. South Blvd is an intersting part of the city, goes a long way (in fact all the way if you follow it into nearby South Carolina) and is a really good ride. We did not have time for all that, but enjoyed a fine lunch with some good people. A C-130 flight crew also was having lunch there, and that was pretty neat. Today was the start of the Kentucky Derby Festival with Thunder Over Louisville...did not get to see the air show, but did get to eat with an air crew!
Rolling back toward Uptown in this last photo. I think (not positive) that the pink building houses condos, have been a lot of them going up in Charlotte. A few posts back I have some more photos of Charlotte and where I had lunch (two weeks ago, its a fun place) but one of many in the city. Like exploring Charlotte, though today was a relatively short visit. I will be posting these and some other photos on my photo page (have a link to that) if you are interested.
Next weekend will be doing some exploring in downtown Richmond, seeing some old and hopefully some new favorite places there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brit Floyd (May 17, 2024)

Went with friends last night to the Brit Floyd concert at The Rose in Huber Heights. Was a wonderful concert, the band was fantastic. Sure, ...