Saturday, December 19, 2009

Slipping in the Snow

Having come from Carolina where a fraction of this amount of snow is enough to shut down the region (and start a mad dash to the grocery for those staples of life: Milk and Bread) this December 18 and 19 storm really brought some adventure into my life. Some eleven years ago I was living in Louisville, Kentucky where snow like this was common, so I do enjoy it. However, as I saw on the drive home from work Friday night, it will be a big month for area body shops. For them, this will be a real Christmas gift! Driving from work down VA-150 took well over an hour to cover the 10 mile distance. I was impressed that people were not going fast (not that it would have done much good to do so) but kept a slow steady pace largely single file. Got the car back to the apartment complex in one piece, where it sits awaiting the thaw. Took this photo today during a walk to see what it looks like. Winter is a beautiful time, and I have seen some very fine looking photos. I guess the timing could not better in some cases, though I am sure this will put a crimp on some late Christmas shopping. Traffic (took this around 2pm) was almost nothing. This will be a good night to enjoy the Christmas tree, a good movie and a hot bowl or two of homemade chili. Enjoy the snow, above all be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brit Floyd (May 17, 2024)

Went with friends last night to the Brit Floyd concert at The Rose in Huber Heights. Was a wonderful concert, the band was fantastic. Sure, ...