Sunday, December 6, 2009

A December Night of Tacky Lights

Armed with printed directions, and with a general knowledge of where I was going, took to the streets of Richmond in search of the Tacky Light Tour. It is a bit of an adventure in the dark, but was able to find what I was looking for. Actually the first place I went to was not lit and I thought "this is off to a rousing start" but I continued on. Came to Asbury Ct where two adjoining houses were lit to a degree that could probably be seen from space. I actually knew I was close as I could see the houses from some distance away. It was a remarkable sight to behold. I am told the two houses have a total of some 4,000,000 lights; and I can believe that!
These are the two Asbury Ct houses from a distance. One has to wonder how they got the lights in the trees like that, pretty tall order and a whole lot of lights around them. It was also fun to see all the displays around the yard, I had parked up the street and walked around to the houses, and was glad I did that. Lots of eye candy around the yard; everwhere you looked there was something amazing to see. There were also some limos there, some tour buses, and a lot of cars. Those houses alone were worth going out for tonight. However, found a few more to check out in the course of the drive. Back to the car and back on the road...I came across more!
A little out of order, before coming to Asbury Ct, came across this house on a creek (or river...whatever) and took this photo from the bridge. Again a really impressive bit of work went into this house, and liked the way it was reflected on the water. I had actually seen a few other places; Richmond really does a fine job of lighting up the city. Passed quite a few places on the road and had many oh wow moments driving around. Not quite as great as it would have been if Patty was there, but will get her up here before Christmas is over. In fact we did see some of the Tour last year when we came down to check out work and some of the city.

When I left Asbury Ct, followed one of the tour buses, and came across this house just a few blocks away. Again, another impressive display of lights! Lost the bus, but rolled on in what I thought was the general direction of Richmond. Luckily, I was right and via I-64 and I-95 got to The Boulevard and rolled on to Cary Street. Last stop of the night was The James Center which had a nice display. I also enjoyed the way the skyscrapers were lined out in lights, and there was a small band playing Christmas music. From, there it was back to the apartment. Got to say though, my two experiences checking out the Tacky Light Tour were really remarkable. You guys really put on quite a Christmas light show!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brit Floyd (May 17, 2024)

Went with friends last night to the Brit Floyd concert at The Rose in Huber Heights. Was a wonderful concert, the band was fantastic. Sure, ...