Saturday, August 15, 2009

Sunday Park Tour (August 15, 2009)

My wife Patty will be making another visit here this month. Today I did some research to find "The Boathouse" (it is our anniversary and want to have something both a bit special and local for that food wise). I first made a stop at Harley-Davidson of South Charlotte (because not only am I far away from my wife, but also my motorcycle) and thought that was a good place. This was the second stop, and I was most impressed. Enjoyed a few breathtaking views around the lake at "Sunday Park". Really enjoy sea food, and can't fault the views at all. I liked this photo of the lake and the sky reflected at left.

As a former sailor (US Navy) always feel good around boats and this view was really nice. Will be fun for a pre or post-dinner walk, and did see a lot of activity there. There were people riding bikes, and saw a guy with his border collie sitting in a chair by the water. Talked to him for a bit, have a warm place in my heart for border collies as I have two of them waiting to play frisbee with me in North Carolina. I think its a pretty nice area, and sure did not know it was there. Not sure how good The Boathouse is going to be though I am told a lot of good things about it, but will for sure be returning to this place in the future just to relax.

Really enjoyed the views of the water, and headed back from there to find Glory Days also on Hull Street for a refreshing barley pop. That was also a very nice place, servers were very friendly and of course liked the sports theme of the place (the bathroom is well worth checking out as well). Good food and liked the little tv sound things at the tables. Get the number on the tv (there are many around) punch in the number and presto...you have sound. Nice touch in my book.
Took a quick view of Hull Street some weeks ago, but today was a bit of a deeper look. I was pleasantly surprised and for sure feel this area is very worthy of some much deeper study. I will be returning to this area in the very near future.

2 comments:

Brit Floyd (May 17, 2024)

Went with friends last night to the Brit Floyd concert at The Rose in Huber Heights. Was a wonderful concert, the band was fantastic. Sure, ...