Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Home to Carolina/Back to Richmond

Had a great visit in Concord, NC (where my home is) from March 21-23. Nice to be back with Patty, my son Robby, and the two very cheerful border collies Cassie and Mollie. The weather was wonderful, and we all had a great time. I got the Vulcan out for a couple of good motorcycle rides. One was to downtown Concord on a Sunday morning (which is where I took this photo of the Old Courthouse...which is now used as an art museum) and one with a friend to High Rock Lake via some very fine backroads on Monday. Patty and I spent a lot of happy hours together, Robby and I discussed sports, and the dogs bounded around the yard chasing tennis balls. It all ended too soon; headed back late Monday night. I rolled into Richmond about 1am early Tuesday morning. Found my apartment the same as I left it, and had a pleasant sleep.
Since then have been posting some photos to Flickr, and planning the weekend coming up. This next weekend I will be in Richmond, and am looking forward to some new explorations of this fine city. Once again though and for the third weekend in a row, looks like exploring will be in the rain. Still, have seen many interesting sights so far, and am looking forward to some new discoveries here. After all here I don't have a motorcycle...I do have a car and a umbrella.
On Comcast, I have not heard anything new; don't know if the billing issues have been solved or not. I was told though from a friend (also having problems with Comcast) that miracles sometimes happen when you click on the corporate link on the Comcast site and complain there. Have not done that yet, but nice to know its there.

2 comments:

  1. It is always good to visit hometowns. I cannot wait to visit mine.

    I also read that you were having problems with your bill. You can send us an email explaining the situation and the account information to the email address provided below. We are here to assist!

    Best Regards,

    Mark Casem
    Comcast Corp.
    National Customer Operations
    We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think after some six phone calls, and two e-mails to the Comcast site, that it may be fixed. I say "may be" because I thought it was before, but I was wrong. Without going into details, has to be the craziest thing I have dealt with in some time. If is is fixed, I will made a post that it was. If its not fixed...ditto!

    ReplyDelete

Late Winter Update (February 18, 2024)

February has been an interesting month here in Central Ohio. Seen some visiting birds, and some fantastic regular residents here at the lake...