Did have a wonderful few days at Rising Sun, Indiana with my wife Debbie. One night during a walk at dusk snapped this photo at left, and was very impressed with it.
I think its one of the prettier photos I have taken in some time and enjoyed seeing this.
It has been so hot and humid for the past few weeks here, but for the days we were at Rising Sun the temperature and the humidity both were way down.
That made for some remarkable walks around the area which is a very interesting place. There is always something interesting to see and do there it seems.
For instance on July 25, we went out to lunch in Rising Sun. Saw the two seaplanes flying, and that was a blast. I have actually flown on them and there is a photo and video of that in an earlier post (last year as I remember). There were also a number of motorcycles riding around town on this weekday and some of those photos can be found below the photo at left.
While I was there, purchased a new shirt from Mac's Seaplane Service which is who took me flying last year. If you are in Rising Sun and want to do something completely different, be sure to look them up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Festival of Flight Parade (October 3, 2026)
We went to New Carlisle, Ohio for the parade yesterday. Had bands, Shriners, nice cars, celebrities ( local variety) and some 30 aircraft...
-
I go to this about every year, other than weather I don't miss it. Rocketts Landing is a really nice area of Richmond. Pretty view and...
-
Stout drive though Ohio, thru Pennsylvania and to Rocky Gap, Maryland. Spent 4 days there. Went then to Wheeling, WV for a relaxing over...
-
Two festivals over the weekend. The first was Friday June 5 (actually went on for around 4 days) was the Richmond Greek Festival. A favor...






No comments:
Post a Comment