Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Dayton Trip (March 1-March 8, 2018)

 During the first week of March, we made a road trip to Dayton, Ohio. It is the hometown of my soon to be wife and wanted to see the place, plus there where some things we had to do while there....items to bring back to Virginia and also she had some things to get done. We did an overtnight on the way down in West Virginia. We also made a trip to Rising Sun, Indiana which is not far and a place we both enjoy.
While there, and as noted in my "Racing with the Wind" blog, been a lot of snow in Virignia this winter (and now Spring...as I write this on March 21, it snowed this first full day of Spring) and the Dayton area has been no exception. During the trip I got this photo of a snowfall there. Luckily it was short lived. 
Thought it was pretty though, being retired snow takes on a whole different thing than when I was working. 
Took this shor in passing of Dayton which we got to explore quite a bit this trip. Had a nice tour of downtown and the Oregon District which is very interesting with friends of Debbie. I enjoy my visits there and we have a great time in the Gem City.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brit Floyd (May 17, 2024)

Went with friends last night to the Brit Floyd concert at The Rose in Huber Heights. Was a wonderful concert, the band was fantastic. Sure, ...