Monday, November 28, 2016

Lewis Ginter Gardenfest of Lights (November 27, 2016)

Went with a friend to Lewis Ginter last night. I have been there before to see all the plants. It is quite a place but in all these years I have never been to see the Christmas displays. It is a shame because they were utterly fantastic.
Was not very expensive to tour the grounds and considering that we spent a couple of hours there it was money well spent.
In addition to the fantastic light displays there was a lot more to see. There were some remarkable doll houses and got to say the coffee they had was fantastic too!  

This is one of my favorite displays...this peacock on the water. There was a whole bunch of things to see, pretty much all of the gardens have been decorated.
Had to be a lot of work, and it was very well thought out.
I liked my visit there and will for sure add this to my yearly Christmas events.
If you decide to go, this can be found in the Lakeside section of Richmond, but was a very short drive via I-95 which for a change was not too bad to drive on. Told to avoid Friday and Saturday unless you like big crowds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brit Floyd (May 17, 2024)

Went with friends last night to the Brit Floyd concert at The Rose in Huber Heights. Was a wonderful concert, the band was fantastic. Sure, ...