Saturday, July 9, 2016

July 3 - On the Road. (July 3, 2016)

Hit the road over the 4th of July holiday...made a trip to my home town of Louisville, Kentucky. It was a wet trip for the most part, except for the very last day. Very powerful rain and so did not get to take a lot of photos as usual of places there, but did get a photo or two here and there.
This was at Tamarack in West Virginia. I usually stop there as it is a good break from the long drive and they have cool things inside. Well worth a visit. I also usually stop at the State Capital and I did...on the way back. Was a nice place to explore as always.
Road construction in Louisville has been taking forever but its a major re-work of the old city transportation system. This is the Abe Lincoln Bridge and this was my first drive over this new modern marvel. They have another bridge they are working on building (photos of that tomorrow) and both are badly needed. The plan to build these were discussed back when I was a boy...and that was a long time ago. Still nice to see that.
Roads are quite a mess right now. I think these projects have been underway for over 10 years.
This is out on Bardtown Road. One of my favorite areas of the city and a big fan of the city motto "Keeping Louisville Weird". Many cool stores and restaurants.
This was a walk I took with my family, to see my son's new apartment. Oldest had been living there, the youngest just moved there days ago from North Carolina. It is a fun city with a lot to see and do. My seeing was limited due to weather but will have a few more things tomorrow to show you here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brit Floyd (May 17, 2024)

Went with friends last night to the Brit Floyd concert at The Rose in Huber Heights. Was a wonderful concert, the band was fantastic. Sure, ...