Saturday, June 4, 2016

Petersburg Ride (May 27, 2016)

Started out good. Went riding on a Friday as I was off to Petersburg, VA. A favorite stop and had a refreshing beverage at The Brickhouse Run in that town. Actually, its in the Old Town section. Went up via Jefferson Davis Highway which takes me though Chester, VA and is a nice road though a lot of redlights.
Just was a beautiful ride on a fantastic day. Sure has been a lot of rain in May, in fact during the month Richmond broke a (something like) 127 year rainfall record. So it was a very nice day to get out.
Unfortunately, when I got back on the bike got a fuel injection light. The bike was rideable. I stopped at an auto parts store and got some of the famous tune up in a can (Seafoam) and hoped it was going to clean the injectors. That didnt work. It sort of came and went which was real aggrevating. Once again the motorcycle got me home, which it has never in the last almost 11 years, failed to do. I took it out for another ride around town.  
Just a quick note on the photo at left...it is a set in Petersburg for the PBS series "Mercy Street"which is filming in Petersburg. I got back to Richmond, stopped in a Triumph dealership to talk to a mechanic who used to work on my bike and she is now working there. Said I would have to take it to a Kawasaki dealer due to the fact she does not have the proper equipment. The bike has a computer that can tell them what is wrong with the bike. Nearest dealer is around 20 miles away. Richmond is not real good on motorcycle shops, least in the city of. I liked going to Velocity but that closed which frankly sucks. Was a great shop.
After the ride(s) talked to a buddy now in Florida who told me sensors don't fail off and on, either work or don't. So he suggest to get a can of contract cleaner and see if that does not solve the problem. I also have (and have had ever since I got the bike) the Kawasaki Service Manual. It also seemed to think the same thing, and was going at "wiring problem".  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brit Floyd (May 17, 2024)

Went with friends last night to the Brit Floyd concert at The Rose in Huber Heights. Was a wonderful concert, the band was fantastic. Sure, ...