Monday, July 7, 2014

Fireworks in the RVA (July 5, 2014)

Nice time...not far from me is the Virginia War Museum (I go there quite often, its a very neat place, and its free...plus I was a member of the USN for four years).
Liked this photo I took of Richmond, just before dusk, prior to the fireworks show which was said to be the biggest one in Virginia. It was actually centered from Brown Island which is right on the James River, this is above it, but thought this would be a great place to see the display. From the number of people there, I think I made the right call. Was my first time to see this display.  
It was a very good show. Said to be over 3000 shells, and the skies really got lit up. I did not have a tripod, but did manage to get a few photos of the fireworks...most of the time I think I was watching as my jaw dropped.
It was a lot of fun, a great crowd, and a fun display that lasted well over 30 minutes. As a bonus the museum was open before the display...my neighbor had never been there, and got to show him some of the sights inside there.
It was a very, very fun night and was glad to get to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brit Floyd (May 17, 2024)

Went with friends last night to the Brit Floyd concert at The Rose in Huber Heights. Was a wonderful concert, the band was fantastic. Sure, ...