Saturday, November 30, 2013

Day after Thanksgiving, RVA (Nov 29, 2013)

 Was the day after Thanksgiving, and on that same night, some of the (what is known as ) Tacky Light Houses (you can find a whole massive list on Richmond.com-Facebook page or web site) lit up (with more to come over the next few days). Richmond is a remarkable place to see Christmas lights, and it is a popular thing for me and others to do this time of year. This one at left at 14309 Long Hill Road was a first time visit for me, but sure put a smile on my face, and also my girlfriend. You have to love this time of year, and sure is a lot of sights to see and do this December in the RVA. 
 Second house we saw was this one at 8009 Summerbrooke Ct, and it is really remarkable. One of the brightest houses you will find on the tour, and really a remarkable piece of work. I put my Christmas tree up before Thanksgiving, work on this sort of project takes place in June or July (and continues) It is a very cool thing to see. It is one of the most popular houses on the tour, there are quite a few of them all over the area. I have been going to see this, and other sights for the past few years I have been here, but still some new stuff to see. The tree at the right is not real clear, but is in my Flickr photos where I have more photos of these 3 houses.
Finally, the houses at 9604 and 9606 Asbury Court which are probably the most popular on the tour. Going early was nice, usually a mob scene here with tour busses, a line of cars and limos and tons of people. The fact that it was 29 degrees (below normal temps for this time of year) and a huge shopping day probably helped. I sure enjoyed seeing these two houses, to be honest in the area there is not much quite like it. Here you can see the sort of trees I mentioned above...but as also noted more photos on Flickr photos from my page. I will have more of these sort of photos coming up in the next few weeks, as well as like photos from other places over the Christmas holiday. Looking forward to a great number of weekends enjoying what Christmas has to offer...the sights and sounds of the holiday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Barber Motorsports Museum, Birmingham, Alabama (April 26, 2024)

If you are into motorcycles and some amazing cars, this is your museum. Literally the largest motorcycle museum in the world with over 1100 ...