Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Lemons of Life (January 20, 2012)

 Took a long walk today, went to Carolina last night and came back the same day after being told my marriage is over. Pretty tough news and a lot of years. House will be sold, and we will go our separate ways - hopefully if not as husband and wife, then not as bitter enemies. I will remain in Richmond, doing the job that brought me here, and enjoying a city that over the (one month away from ) four years in that I have really come to enjoy. I look at this as the start of a new adventure, and one that if forced upon me, I will do the best with that I can.
As for the photo, took it near the James River, liked the hint of snow from last weeks storms; though most of the snow is long gone, bits of it remain. Somewhat of stubborn snowfall as the temperatures today got into the upper 50's. Nothing like a good walk, and in the area of Forest Hill Park and Riverfront Drive there is some good walking to be had. Lots of really neat neighborhoods to enjoy there as well.    
As for the James, over four inches of rain last week, have really moved it up. There is a creek that runs next to it, and that creek is now a river. The river is raging along as well, made a remarkable booming sound as it slammed into the rocks there. This was as close as I could get to it.
The James is something I really enjoy, came from Louisville, Kentucky to here (via Concord, NC) and there the Ohio River runs along the town. As I have noted many times, much in common with those two cities, and nice to be back in a river city. For a bit longer then I planned, will be here, but that is not a bad thing at all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Barber Motorsports Museum, Birmingham, Alabama (April 26, 2024)

If you are into motorcycles and some amazing cars, this is your museum. Literally the largest motorcycle museum in the world with over 1100 ...