Monday, October 29, 2012

Fall at Morrow Mountain (October 28, 2012)

Took a motorcycle ride to Morrow Mountain on a beautiful Sunday October 28 where I saw this view at the park which is just outside of Albemarle,NC (which is the home by the way of Kellie Pickler). Figured that it was a beautiful day, and probably my last chance to see the colors as the next time I will be home will be later in November. I was really lucky in that there was a lot of color, and also it was a warm day for late October, I was very comfortable on the motorcycle without needing my "heavy" motorcycle gear.  Quite a few other bikers as well as some leaf fans in cars were there. 
From the overlook (a few of those at the top of the mountain) Got this photo of one of the lakes in the area. The region is a popular fishing area with Baden and High Rock Lakes all nearby. There are some great roads in the area as well, while I enjoy city rides to Charlotte and other NC cities, country rides are also nearby. Get to see a number of farms and a lot of wildlife as well during those rides. I have a few more photos on my Racing with the Wind Page, and also some photos on my Flickr Photo Page. It was a good few weeks for seeing some Fall color, thanks to this ride and the previous weeks ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway which is featured on the previous post.
On my return to Richmond, Hurricane Sandy was coming in which is resulting in both high winds and heavy rain (which could really impact leaves in the RVA) as well as the first snows of the year in the NC and VA mountain ranges. I got in before the storm hit its full fury in the Richmond area (impact was really light in the Charlotte area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brit Floyd (May 17, 2024)

Went with friends last night to the Brit Floyd concert at The Rose in Huber Heights. Was a wonderful concert, the band was fantastic. Sure, ...