Saturday, June 30, 2012

100+ in Charlotte, NC (June 30, 2012)

 Nice ride on the motorcycle, which I got on early on this Saturday morning, expecting temperatures to reach over 100 degrees and the heat index to beat those numbers (and as I write this, they did just that). Took this photo of Uptown Charlotte on Caldwell Street while I was out riding around the town. Like those early rides as a rule from a traffic standpoint, but on a blazing hot day such as today it was even more important. Even out in the breeze on a motorcycle, a hot breeze is a hot breeze. Had a warm engine between my legs and every so often the fan (its watercooled) would give me a hot blast.  
Still, it was nice to be out. I also made a stop to North Davidson, which is part of Charlotte, and a former mill town. I have a few more photos on my "Racing with the Wind" blog page. I like to stop at Growlers Pourhouse in Davidson, NC, but it was not yet open when I was in town, prior to 11am, and as the temperature rose to triple digits. I did get off the bike and wander around for a bit in this very interesting place and one of my favorite stops whenever I ride out near Charlotte, NC. It is a fun place to be and I had a great ride.
Read a while ago about the big storms that rolled through Richmond last night (my other home) and hope everyone there is doing ok...some 100,000 people in the Richmond area (650,000 total in VA) lost power from the storms, and are dealing with the same heat.
Off tomorrow on what will be a very interesting road trip, and look forward to sharing some photos and stories from that here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brit Floyd (May 17, 2024)

Went with friends last night to the Brit Floyd concert at The Rose in Huber Heights. Was a wonderful concert, the band was fantastic. Sure, ...