Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Fall in Virginia and Carolina

Fall is absolutely my favorite time of year, and wanted to share a few fall views as the peak of color came to both Richmond,Virginia and Baden, North Carolina at about the same time. It also made for a pair of beautiful drives between my two places of residence. The photo at left was taken during a walk around the neighborhood, where I checked out the colors in the area. This is actually at a nearby Industrial Park; but loved the lake side view and the color that was popping all over. Love to walk around the area where I can see the sights here up close and personal, without having to stop a vehicle and head back to see something remarkable just passed.
This was actually taken just outside of my neighborhood in Richmond, a very nice tree lined road. I did not think we were going to get much of a fall this year, due to what has been a very hot, and abnormally dry summer. Seemed that trees took a real beating this year, saw dead trees in both Virginia and in Carolina in great numbers. In fact, had to cut down a tree in my backyard which died this summer due to the drought. I thought this view though was a gift indeed; as yellow, orange and red were seen all over during the walk. Walking is good for health, and also good for the soul on days such as these, and it really made my day to enjoy views such as these.
One of my favorite things to do is motorcycling; and one of my very favorite areas to ride in the fall is near Baden, NC. I did not make it to the North Carolina Mountains this year. The Boone, NC area is remarkable in the fall, one of the great wonders in the Blue Ridge Parkway (which also runs through Virginia) but I did ride on November 14 to Morrow Mountain where I saw this amazing sight. Fall was in full bloom, and a number of people were for sure in "Oh Wow!" moments there. A lot of "do you believe this?" comments from both fellow motorcyclists and people in their cars (and being North Carolina, their pickup trucks).
Nothing brings people together like the beauty of nature, and this was a remarkable ride during the day. Morrow Mountain is where the last two photos were taken near Baden, NC and really enjoyed both the ride, but especially getting off the bike and wandering around the multi-color display before me. To be honest, I did not want to leave when the time came, but spent a great deal of time at the overlooks and just wandering around the area. There is nothing like a beautiful day with average temperatures (which certainly beat the ride to the air show the week before) on a great motorcycle, surrounded by nature and bright blue skies. It was a remarkable ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brit Floyd (May 17, 2024)

Went with friends last night to the Brit Floyd concert at The Rose in Huber Heights. Was a wonderful concert, the band was fantastic. Sure, ...