Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Riding NC on a Three Day Weekend (June 6-8)

Pretty wild Friday night at work. With so many out of work; don't want to sound ungrateful, but it was a LONG night. Came in at 3PM Friday left at 4AM on Saturday morning. Needless to say the drive back to North Carolina at 8am was quite an epic journey. Had a big barbeque and bike event called the Hog Happenin, but thought a ride on four hours sleep after a close to five hour drive was a really bad idea. So will head to that next year.
I did get out on Sunday, for a change of late beautiful weather all weekend. Rode around some of the two lane routes, and also visited some friends for a while. Great time of course with the wife and my son and the dogs. I even got out the lawn mower and cut the yard (my son usually does it, but I gave him the weekend off from lawn care). I enjoyed doing it frankly....no yard work in the apartment, but its fun. Monday (had a vacation day) rode with my friend Steve around the area. Steve knows some great routes and we took a roundabout way to Salisbury, Nc for a good lunch and a visit to Tilley's HD. Steve is in the photo above, has the red Harley Ultra Classic (thats my Vulcan next to it). That blew away some of the disapointment from Saturday.
Ride back to Richmond was nice; again great weather (the rains apparently held off till I got here). Will be in Richmond this weekend since the Curtailment Day we had scheduled at work for Friday was cancelled (yeah I know....days off without pay and overtime...go figure) and we will be working Friday and maybe Saturday now.
Still have been checking some of the blogs for weekend events, and do enjoy exploring the area which I will do some of this weekend (whatever the weekend actually turns out to be with work).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Barber Motorsports Museum, Birmingham, Alabama (April 26, 2024)

If you are into motorcycles and some amazing cars, this is your museum. Literally the largest motorcycle museum in the world with over 1100 ...