Friday, April 17, 2009

The Horror of Comcast...Part II

Nothing to set the morning off like the monthly Comcast bill. Mentioned the saga in a couple of previous posts. Well, got my bill today, and once again it is a mess. Basically, I had gotten the service which was on a COD basis on February 16 (all new installations are that way, fine with me). Got a bill about a month later for the installation. Told them it was COD, had the service, must have paid. Checedk with bank...no payment on it. So I stop the check, and write a new one. Problem solved right? No. First check posts on 3/10, the February 16 check posts on 3/11. In a communication thought I was getting a credit for my stop check fee, turns out it was for their returned check fee, which was caused because they lost the first one (taking a total of 23 days to post a check and sending a bill prior to that counts as "lost" to me).
As a friend suggested, who has also had problems with them (third friend did finally get his worked out after "a few" phonecalls) wrote the corporate site. Dealing with the local office he told me was like slamming your head into the wall. I see his point. Looking forward to the perfect business relationship; I send them a check each month, and they provide a service. Actually, the service itself (knock on wood) has so far been pretty good.
Anyhow, while in Louisville, came back to find that two people died in my apartment complex while I was gone of apparent drug overdoses. News said they were dead in the apartment for some 36 hours. I guess considering that, things could be worse. Checked out some local blogs today, some good stuff out there in the Richmond area. I do enjoy reading them, and they have been pretty informative on the local things of note in the area.
Getting in some overtime this weekend on Saturday, will be doing a bit of exploring this Sunday. Still an interesting place to check out, and get a lot of goodsuggestions of things around town to see. Do need to check on some good local places to eat; like when in an area to get outside of the chains and get to some places with "local flavor". Not a food critic at all and will not be doing reviews of food places, but interested in what people find good in the town. One place I am going to check out this weekend is the food at the Chesterfield County Airport. At a previous visit to the airport (just to see it while out exploring) saw that was packed on a sunday. My barber in talking about the town, also said it was a good place to eat. Will have to see what its all about. Nice place though....a buffet with planes to view; think that would be right up my alley.

2 comments:

  1. Sad story about the death over drug overdose...

    Sorry to learn about the fees that you incurred and for any confusion we may have caused. I work for Comcast and I will be happy to reach out to my contacts to look into this. If you are interested in my assistance, please feel free to send me an email indicating a link to this blog and the phone number linked to the account.

    Thanks in advance and I look forward to assisting you further!

    Mark Casem
    Comcast Corp.
    National Customer Operations
    We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually may have gotten it fixed finally.....used the link to Rick Germano, Senior VP of Customer Operations, and got a quick response. Was told that was better than trying to use the Richmond office by a friend who also had problems here. Wish I had done that sooner, would have saved me a great deal of frustration, and a lot of wasted hours on the phone. Pleased with what they did for me, and Ms. Sonier of that office may have saved me from changing to another provider. Have though thought this was all corrected before; but a very good e-mail from her and I am hopeful this time.

    ReplyDelete

Barber Motorsports Museum, Birmingham, Alabama (April 26, 2024)

If you are into motorcycles and some amazing cars, this is your museum. Literally the largest motorcycle museum in the world with over 1100 ...