Thursday, February 12, 2009

On to Richmond!

So, finishing up the last few days of the "relocation two weeks, and its been quite an adventure. Luckily, I moved stuff to Richmond into the apartment on January 31-Feb 1 with Patty. Rental truck from Budget (a 15 foot truck, very pleased with them) went well, and got all settled in. Patty and got all set up, and the truck turned in the same day, had my Neon to drive around in.

We spent much of the 1st exploring the Midlothian Turnpike (seen here in the first photo) and checking out the area. I feel that if I need it, will find it along that road. Not much that is not there either to eat or shop for, or even entertainment. A big eight lane road that goes on for miles and miles, will be the center of my world there for some time.
Got back to Concord on Feb 1, worked a week at the factory, and got home. Have spent the last two weeks getting things ready. A funny thing happened last weekend; the furnace went out. Called some dumbasses from Motley Heating and Air in Concord, NC to fix it. Not sure those bastards could fix lunch; pretty much got screwed to the tune of $500, and two days after their "repair" on a Saturday morning, had fire trucks at my house (four of them) at 3:30am. Got a new unit last Tuesday from Carolina Cooling. I would not use Motley if they were the last company on Earth!

Last few days I have been getting things as ready as I can, getting a "Neon" load for the trip. A few things I forgot, the house computer (got a new one for here in Concord), and have been visiting friends. Will not be the last time to see them though; will be back here many weekends.

I will be leaving on Sunday morning February 15, and will report to work at 7:00 am on February 16. Got a letter yesterday with details (though I have the route down) to how to get to work, and where to park now.
Certainly going to be an interesting time in Richmond. I have made three trips there; have seen a lot of interesting places (such as the one to the left here), and am frankly looking at it with a mixture of fear and excitement. No one ever knows what the future holds, and that is certainly true in times like these, but the next few months and years will certainly be filled with all sorts of things new and challenging. My next post (Comcast willing) will be from Richmond, Va.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brit Floyd (May 17, 2024)

Went with friends last night to the Brit Floyd concert at The Rose in Huber Heights. Was a wonderful concert, the band was fantastic. Sure, ...