Sunday, April 7, 2019

Country Ride (April 5, 2019)

 Been awhile since my last ride, partly due to vacation (being posted on my "Ohio and Me blog which is also part of this site) and partly due to the remains of winter. However, Spring is finally starting to pop here and we are getting some fantastic weather here in Ohio.
Finally with temperatures in the Upper 60's I got the motorcycle out for an early evening ride. Not exactly a cloudless late afternoon but I took the chance and got the motorcycle out for a ride. Being late afternoon I wanted to avoid the late afternoon traffic so headed out for the country.
Photo at left was taken on one of those country roads near the house. As you can note the speedometer is sitting on zero..no way would I take photos while moving unless I had a special camera (which I don't). Anyhow rode past as number of farms up highway 571 toward the city of Troy. While a city its a small one but a very interesting place. Was there last winter in the car, and have been there on a previous ride on a friend's motorcycle.   

As with much of the area there is a aviation history to Troy. One of the sights in the Waco Aviation Museum which is a small aviation museum to the factory that was once there somewhere in the town. I say somewhere because I have not seen it...yet. Its on the list though.
Waco planes were biplanes which were also considered by many aviation experts some of the most beautiful ever built.
At any case, rode around the town a bit checking out the sites before heading back to my house. This time took another nice highway again past a number of farms before heading to the house. Drove though the town of New Carlisle and got a little fuel before getting home. It was a short ride of 45 miles but I was smiling though every mile of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Barber Motorsports Museum, Birmingham, Alabama (April 26, 2024)

If you are into motorcycles and some amazing cars, this is your museum. Literally the largest motorcycle museum in the world with over 1100 ...