Sunday, October 6, 2013

Hogtober! (October 5, 2013)

Just a few shots from Hogtober, a Fall event held each year in Libby Hill Park, in the Church Hill Neighborhood of Richmond, VA. Event features food (it is a BBQ flavored event ), music and cold beverages. Though a Fall event, this one featured high temps in the 90's, as Fall has been hiding for the past few days prior to this event. The food was great though, the beverages were cold, and the music was very good.
It is one of my favorite events and this year I enjoyed the event as usual though due to the heat, and commitments before and after had to make it a short visit. 
 Bands such as this one were very good though, and I had a great time checking out the music (though this is the only band I got to hear). Kaye went with me, nice to have a pretty companion to enjoy the event with me.
Have heard some really fine bands over the years and some of them have become favorites of mine here in the RVA. Some really good music can be found here, and I have a good time at events such as this, and others checking out the music.  
The event charged only for food and drink, there was no admission charge.  
This is the Confederate Soldiers and Sailors Monument in Libby Hill Park, the park also offers a fine view of the James River (in fact there is a sign there explaining how Richmond was named for it.
The park and Church Hill is one of my favorite areas of Richmond, offering not only some really fun events, but also a lot of good places to eat, and a lot of neat things to see. Some of the houses there are very old, and in my book, that makes them very interesting.
I go to a lot of events in that area, especially in the Fall and will have a few more things to show you in the upcoming weeks.
On my page "Racing With the Wind" (which is my motorcycle blog) I have a few photos from the area..though mainly of some interesting motorcycles I saw there, have some areas as well which refer to what I have been talking about as far as interesting old things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brit Floyd (May 17, 2024)

Went with friends last night to the Brit Floyd concert at The Rose in Huber Heights. Was a wonderful concert, the band was fantastic. Sure, ...