Saturday, May 19, 2012

Forest Hill Farmers Mkt/Twisted Kilt (May 19, 2012)

Sort of getting back in touch with my "inner Richmond" this weekend-have not been doing stuff in the city of late, but plan to make up for that. Got out this morning to one of my favorite things- The Forest Hill Farmers Market which you can see at left. Fine day being both sunny and not too warm, and enjoy wandering around there. That is a great park (my favorite in the RVA) and as you can see a lot of people had the same idea. I do want to mention that on my "Racing with the Wind" page I also made a stop at Colonial Harley-Davidson, and Commonwealth Power Sports, had a great time there as well. 
   
 One of the many things I like at the Farmers Market is that it is very dog friendly. You see a lot of people with dogs, and that is very, very cool. I also enjoyed some great music -there were three guitarists, and all of them were worth kicking back and listening to. Crowd is also fun to check out and the food is really good to check out as well.
 While out, went to a place near Commonwealth Power Sports called "The Twisted Kilt". Enjoyed a Legend Brown Ale there, and they have a fine beer selection, as well as ( I am told) some really good (but rather expensive) food. The bar is located right next to Commonwealth Power Sports, and I went by there with one of my bosses at work (he met me there, not being a real motorcycle person). Lots of televisions and some good stuff to see on them- it has a real sports bar theme. Typically Richmond friendly and though a chain (talked  to a Navy buddy, they are in Atlanta) very nice indeed. 
They just opened on Tuesday, and got this photo (another person was taking this picture next to me, could not resist) but a really good time. Richmond is a very fun place, and looking forward to tomorrow, cause I am going to the Food Truck event at the 17th Street Farmers Market and will be bringing some of that here in tomorrow's post.
Work has been pretty wild of late, a lot of long hours, and some tough days, so nice to have a weekend such as this to get out and enjoy some of the good things that Richmond has to offer. This is a very interesting and fun town, if you get out and experience it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brit Floyd (May 17, 2024)

Went with friends last night to the Brit Floyd concert at The Rose in Huber Heights. Was a wonderful concert, the band was fantastic. Sure, ...