Wednesday, August 24, 2011

In NC (August 20-23, 2011) with an Earthshaking Return to VA.

Took this photo of the Old Cabarrus County Courthouse on Union Street in Concord, NC on August 20. Had a nice visit to my home over an extended weekend, though did get a bit of a bug apparently so was not as active as I hope to be when I am home. Got the motorcycle in the shop, it broke down during my last trip, and now I do on this one. Got better though on the last day, and a good trip even with that. Found that Claritin is pretty good stuff. Got better enough to cut the yard and do some trimming. Not a big weekend though did see most of the race. Winner of that race Kyle Busch did get his license suspended in NC, bit of thing with a sports car over 100 mph in a nearby town. Still will get to race though, and is the current points leader.

Came back to Virginia on the 23rd, getting back to the apartment around 1pm. At 1:51 PM, experienced my first real earthquake. A 5.8 magnitude quake hit the area. I was surprised at both the noise and the force, it was a remarkable event. Thankfully, the damage was not too severe, mostly minor in the area. It was felt in number of states, and did some damage to the Washington Monument (along with some other buildings) in Washington, DC.

I have some interesting stuff coming up, plan to do some exploring in the Richmond area this weekend, and have a really nice event coming up very soon. Thanks for visiting my page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Barber Motorsports Museum, Birmingham, Alabama (April 26, 2024)

If you are into motorcycles and some amazing cars, this is your museum. Literally the largest motorcycle museum in the world with over 1100 ...