Saturday, March 27, 2010

Back in the Saddle Again (March 27, 2010)

Hard to believe that it has been since January 18 when I last rode the motorcycle thanks to a dead battery (almost five years old...rest in peace), snow, rain, bitter cold, and a little bit of forced overtime in Virginia. However, all that ended actually yesterday when the battery I ordered earlier in the week came in, I put it in the bike, and today rode out. A beautiful Carolina day, if a bit on the chilly (around 60) side, but it was time to ride. Covered a fair amount of ground in a 3.5 hour ride; here the bike (and I) are at Dale Earnhardt, Inc just outside of Mooresville, NC. DEI was closed, but still nice to see the outside of the complex located on (natch) NC 3.
I rode into downtown Mooresville, NC. Got of the bike for a bit and walked around awhile. Always liked this old sign, and always enjoy the old buildings there. As I have often noted, Charlotte is not much for old buildings, but many of the outlying cities do have an appreciation of history. Some of the buildings in Mooresville are over 100 years old (and have the plaques to prove it). I liked walking around a bit, and enjoyed watching some kids having an easter egg hunt by the old train depot (now an art museum). They seemed to be having a great time and I enjoyed watching them have one. There are a few empty stores there, but also a number of new ones opening.
This is a photo at left of the downtown in Mooresville. After a bit of time well spent there, rode on down NC-115 to the college town of Davidson, NC. Nice town there as well, with a lot of old buildings. I did not stop, as I was meeting a friend from work (and a former riding buddy) for a short while in Concord, NC. We met and talked for a while, was good to see him (also not bad to warm up inside the restaurant). Back to my driveway at 1pm to my wife, son and dogs. All of us have had a fine time today. Have to say on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best today was a definite 11, perhaps even a 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brit Floyd (May 17, 2024)

Went with friends last night to the Brit Floyd concert at The Rose in Huber Heights. Was a wonderful concert, the band was fantastic. Sure, ...